My little chickadee turns one on Feb 4, we had her party on Feb 2, since her birthday fell on a Monday this year! I decided to go with what I would call a “whimsical woodland theme”. All of the colors were pastel and mostly pink.
I made a bunch of stuff for the party, cookies, the cake and cupcakes, lollipops, felt birds. I also designed all of the invitations and printables (stickers, banners etc). I’ve posted a list of all of the recipes/tutorials I used at the end, I hope it’s helpful!
The dessert table:
Isn’t it adorable!! I can’t believe I made most of the stuff on that table!
Really the only thing I didn’t make was the BBQ and that we got from one of our favorite places Gus’ in South Pasadena.
Some of the decor:
Happy Birthday, little one!!
Now to start planning for her SECOND birthday! Ay!
- Sugar Cookies Dorie Greenspan’s Recipe from The Brown Eyed Baker
- Royal Icing from Sweetopia
- Fondant Birds (just rolled fondant with coloring cut with a cookie cutter!)
- Fondant Flowers (same as birds except a bent up the edges and put little yellow non pareils in the center then allowed them to dry over night)
- The Best White Cake Ever from Sweetapolita
- Swiss Buttercream from Smitten Kitchen
- Lollipops (I used cherry flavoring and added these little edible glitter hearts just before I poured it. I won’t lie, they tasted like Luden’s Cough Drops, next time we’ll try another flavor!)
- Strawberry, Almond, Mascarpone Parfaits (with slight modifications) from eCurry
- Raspberry Jam Bars from Ina Garten
- Washi Tape Penant Banner (also got the idea for the painted birdhouses from this site!) From Craft and Creativity
- Paper Pom Pom’s Tutorial
- Heart, Butterfly and Happy Birthday Maddy Banner from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard
- Glass Milk Bottles from Beau Coup